Re: [GENERAL] postgresql website - Mailing list pgsql-general

From lynch@lscorp.com (Richard Lynch)
Subject Re: [GENERAL] postgresql website
Date
List pgsql-general
At 8:07 AM 7/14/98, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Andrew Martin wrote:
>
>> p.s. While I'm griping... Who made the sudden decision to mirror the
>> mailing lists onto News groups. The increase in spam has been dramatic...
>> We discussed this a year, maybe 2, ago and decided quite clearly NOT
>
>        Actually, the newsgroups are purely one-directional at this
>time...mail to the lists goes out to the groups, but not vice-versa...spam
>is not coming in through them, except if they are culling the groups for
>email addresses...

Which they are.  I mean, sad to say, that's the only purpose for newsgroups
these days:  A source for 57 million fresh e-mail addresses for MLMs to
sell. :-(

In other mailing lists, one can write [NONEWS] in one's heading to keep
one's post (and therefore email address) out of the newsgroups.  Would this
be easy/feasible/hard with majordomo?

-- "TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@lscorp.com